Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 23, 2012

Notes on the Second Trimester

I started my third trimester last Wednesday, and I can't believe in less than three months we're going to be holding sweet little William Hodum in our arms! David and I can't wait to be parents and feel so blessed already to have been given such a gift.
My second trimester was so much fun and exponentially better than the first! My nausea and morning sickness went away (bless mothers who have to deal with it the whole nine months!!!) and I felt like I had regained some energy. All in all, it was fun!
I've been careful about what I'm eating, making sure not to take in more calories than I really need so I don't gain too much weight. My doctor says I'm doing a good job!

Second trimester, I really had no serious cravings, but I really eat a lot of the following:
  • Chocolate almond milk (I think someone might be a little lactose intolerant! I can't seem to keep down dairy products well, with the exception of hard cheese, light yogurt, and frozen yogurt)
  • Strawberry banana smoothies from Smoothie Zone! Those are probably William and my favorite treat currently. Not too bad! 
  • Ham and cheese sandwiches
  • Trail mix
  • Fruit salad 
  • Raw broccoli and carrots 
  • Garden Salsa Sun Chips 
  • Caffeine- I still need a little bit during the day, and I'm really liking little baby cans of Coke Zero! 
I've really enjoyed feeling William move and kick more and more, and probably one of my favorite moments happened a couple weeks ago when David got to feel him for the first time. Right before bed, William was kicking pretty hard in the same spot on my right side, so I put David's hand where he had been kicking. In no time, David felt his son for the first time! He thought it was really cool and was really surprised by little Will's strength. I like to feel him during the day, he seems to respond to the students in my class and can hear them when they are fairly loud. I think he wants to get out and play with the big kids! 

No comments:

Post a Comment